Walks around Buckland & Betchworth
Our local walks booklet is available to buy, for £2.50, from Buckland Nurseries. All funds raised from the sale of the booklets are donated to the Parish Council to help fund amenity imporvements. We hope you will support us.
Walks described in the booklet
- Buckland Lanes and Fields – 1.5 hours
- Betchworth Park and Old Park Wood – 2.75 hours
- North Downs Way and the Three Greens – 1.75 hours
- Windmills and Farms – 2 hours
- Rice Bridge and the River Mole – 1.5 hours
- Beating the Bounds – 3 hours
- Historical Buckland – 1 hour
We are delighted to report that over 750 copies of this latest edition (2012) have been sold, raising over £1600.
The previous edition of 2003 arose from the analysis of a village questionaire that was circulated to all Buckland residents in 2002. The questionaire attracted a 85% return and half the respondents said they would welcome leaflets of local walks, and over two-thirds said they would appreciate maps of local footpaths. The Parish Council led the publication with a team including Jim Docking, Joan Gregory, John Lane and Duncan Ferns.
‘Beating the Bounds’ Buckland Walkers